6 Ways to Win at Video Content Marketing Production
78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. Those are two statistics that should convince holdouts to add video to their marketing campaigns. These 6 tips can help novice and experienced video marketers win at content marketing video production with better content that achieves goals.
1. Hire a quality production team - To excel at content marketing video production, you must have well-produced videos. This isn't a task that should be left to entry-level staff; to compete with the pros, you'll need expert help. When planning your campaign, take the time to identify a reputable production team to shoot and edit the videos. There are many production teams that are affordable, so you should be able to find help no matter your budget.
2. Think beyond the pitch - Consumers can see through thinly veiled video content that's merely a pitch in disguise. If you want to succeed in video, you'll need to think creatively about your use of the medium and make videos that entertain and inform. For example, you might present a pain point of your clients, then demonstrate a solution.
3. Include an ask - Don't get so caught up in creating fun content that you forget to include an ask. At minimum, explain where viewers can find information about the product or link to a special offer page.
4. Follow SEO for content marketing video production best practices - Good video SEO can help users to find your video through search and increase your video views and rankings across channels. Consider adding transcripts, creating video playlists, and using descriptive metadata to improve your content's discoverability by viewers.
5. Release regular content - If you decide to explore video marketing, you'll want to release content regularly to build your brand, increase video views, and leverage the power of video.
This is where reusing content really helps. Consider how you might take bits and pieces from a video to use in different ways and on different platforms like social media, web banners, mobile ads.
It takes time to reach viewers and the more content you have, the more effective you are.
6. Promote your videos on social media - Social sharing can drive traffic to your website. As a general rule, share each and every video you create across all of your social channels. This will help you reach your audience and can result in additional video shares.
Taken together, these tips will help ensure your video marketing campaign works. For more video marketing tips, contact us today.