FOUR BIRDS WITH ONE STONE
We all know content is King, and getting the most out of any content we create is crucial...and extremely smart. When we were asked to film our client's one-time open forum event in NYC, we knew we could help them get the most out of it. For us and our client, that meant capturing more than just the actions that were taking place. We took the opportunity to:
- Film the event itself - An open forum discussing the benefits of our client's services
- Capture some of the story and setting behind the event - The people, the setting and the interactions
- Film a client testimonial - One that backs up the discussions at the event
- Talk about brand and culture - With the CEO and VP of Global Marketing
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR OWN EVENT
It saves time, it saves money, and it just makes sense. If you're going to be filming that corporate event, a panel discussion, a conference anyway...Take a few moments to sit down and think about how you can really use the opportunity.
We've found that one of the hardest things about filming client testimonial videos...is getting access to our clients' clients. Think about how long it takes to get permission from your customer to have them to sit down for a minute or two in front of a camera. Once you have that approval, how long will it take to actually schedule a time when everyone is available (you, your client, your video production team)? The good news is that everyone is already at your event. Make the most of that!
MAKE A BRAND VIDEO OR A CULTURE VIDEO
The same thought applies here. You probably have several team members at your event. Why not schedule a few minutes for each person to say a little bit on camera?
THINK ABOUT different ways to USE YOUR CONTENT
There are so many ways an event video can be used. A good content marketing strategy makes sure that all the possible avenues are covered. For instance, you can:
- Use the video, or a shorter edit of it, in an email campaign. Obviously, a 30 minute video isn't going to get a lot of clicks, but a short version with really relevant content can get viewers to take an action you want them to take.
- Place it on your website as valued content that customers need to sign up to view. Do you have customers that wanted to attend but couldn't make it? Give them a chance to see what they missed by offering the video to them after the fact.
- Use it on social media channels. This one is simple.
- Use it part of a webinar. Did someone say something amazing at your event? Did something interesting happen? Take that piece and include it in future webinars. Not only will it be a valuable addition to the webinar, it makes you look good because you actually put a successful event together.
Storyboard Media Group is a full-service video production company serving NYC, NJ, CT, PA and beyond. If you have an event coming up that you'd like to have filmed, reach out and say hello!