Corporate Video: The Top Stats you Need to Know...
...and What They Mean for You
Video content has always been a top form of content for engagement. We've come a long way from the days when crowds would pay $.25 to be entertained by moving pictures in the "amusement arcade" but this medium is more powerful than it's ever been, 120+ years later.
Video is used for entertainment, selling, teaching, storytelling but the art form/marketing tool is constantly changing with the digital landscape.
If you're still using digital marketing principles from two or three years ago, it's time to brush up. The video marketing strategies of today are reliant on new ways of filming, innovative editing, and more channels than ever before. Every industry should pay attention because corporate videos are a great way to connect with your entire community.
Video Content By The Numbers
No matter how often you hear about a new digital trend, sometimes it's tough to commit until you understand what's in it for you. Creating corporate video can be an investment- in time, resource, creative energy, gaining consensus- but it's a smart one. One look at the numbers should help you get that ball rolling:
- 1/3 of the total time people spend online is watching videos.
- 90% of customers state that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
- 59% of company decision-makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business sites at least once a week.
- Including a video in marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- 87% of online marketers are already using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
- Videos can reduce e-mail unsubscribe rates by as much as 26%.
- Almost 50% of consumers look for a video of a product/service before visiting a store.
- According to The Wall Street Journal, 9 of the top 10 most viral videos on YouTube are created by professional producers.
The numbers are clearly there. Video content is kicking butt in the digital arena. So what do these numbers mean for you?
Across the board, no matter the type of video you create, B2B, B2C or somewhere in between, people are in love with video content. That means whether it is a commercial for your product, an employee training video, or your demo reel, high-quality visual content always speaks loudest.
Don't shy away from using videos in your digital marketing strategy if you're feeling unsure of the ROI or the work that it takes. This is what we specialize in. Contact us and we can discuss how to get a corporate video started for you today.