Make Content Marketing Dollars Stretch with Video
Who among us is not happy to see the phrase “Buy 1, Get 1 Free?” Or better yet, “3 for the Price of One?” There’s nothing like knowing we’re getting more for our money when it’s time to do some shopping.
The same should be said for corporate video, but it isn’t said nearly enough. Because when it comes to video, we find that a majority of our clients approach a project with one goal – or one end product - in mind. It might be a one testimonial video, one product video, or one explainer video. But planning for multiple uses of the same video content is a great way to get more for your marketing money and help improve your ROI for all your time and effort.
Case in Point
Recently, Storyboard Media Group did some work for a client in NYC. The basic plan was to film a talk being given by one of their customers. The speaker took to the podium for just over half an hour. Some of the things she discussed were:
- Pain points her company had regarding the software they had been using to fulfill orders
- Time and money lost during the use of that software
- And finally, how our client helped her company save time and money by offering a new platform that made their process easier and more efficient
Now, it might have been enough to create one version of the talk that ran about 30 minutes from start to finish. That would have been helpful for people who wanted to, but were unable to attend, or for people who shared the same industry space as the speaker (fashion). However, to maximize the impact of the talk our client had us create multiple versions.
How They Did It
- The full length corporate video as an event wrap up for placement on our client’s website, blog and YouTube channel
- A one minute testimonial video for use in customer and prospect email campaigns and newsletters
- A three minute product video for use in sales meetings, additional newsletters and embedding in fashion industry specific blog
Watch both videos below to see how a powerful testimonial was created from the full-length version.
Full Length Video
One-Minute Version - For Use as a Powerful, Short Testimonial Video
The Possibilities are Endless
These are clear examples of multiple uses from one project, and each version delivers its own message to a wide range of vieweers. Working smarter and more efficiently is extremely important – even if you’re lucky enough to have an unlimited budget in your department. But if you’re like the majority of us you’re always figuring out how to do more with less or the same. When preparing for a corporate video project, remember to think about all the different ways the same footage can be used. You might be surprised what you can get for your money.
Planning your own corporate video in NYC, NJ or CT? We're here to help. Contact us today to tell about your project.