THE MISSION WAS SIMPLE: MAKE BUDGEE THE ROBOT COME TO LIFE IN A NEW PRODUCT VIDEO
A ROBOT BECOMES A STAR
We've worked with humans, dogs and even miniature horses. But this was our first time directing a robot. Fortunately for us, he was very easy to work with and so were his humans. Our job was to make Budgee personable and explain to viewers why they should consider getting one for themselves.
WHAT GOES INTO A MARKETING VIDEO LIKE THIS?
Just like any video, a lot of planning had to happen to make this production work. Here are just a few of the things that went into this:
- Writing a script that touched on all the important points about Budgee
- Creation of a voiceover to tell the story
- Mapping out the scenes that would take place while the script was read
- Working with the client to understand how Budgee would work
- Scheduling time with the two teams (ours and the client) that would work for all
- Help from the 5 Elements Robotics team to operate Budgee and to star in the production as extras
- The use of cameras, sliders, tripods, monopods, lighting and people
- Post-production editing, color grading, audio sweetening and file creation
HOW WILL THIS VIDEO BE USED?
The quick answer? In a lot of different ways. The CEO of 5 Elements Robotics understands that video ROI goes way up the more you use video content. So the plan is to place the video on the corporate website, social channels, YouTube, Vimeo and more. They'll also look into creating smaller pieces from this main piece.